Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Practice Makes Progress

Nobody's perfect, and a bunch of mildly experienced volunteers giving their best at a construction job  is certainly something which yields imperfections! That didn't stop us today at the build site, though (and neither did the rain). Slowly but surely, and with many teachable moments along the way, we continued to make progress on the house and yard.




Personally, one of the most exciting things for me about our day was briefly meeting the single mom whose house we're currently building. Although she was only at the site for a small moment, I was instantly reminded of our purpose, and building this house for this woman and her children became so much more important to me. Even though we're all feeling the strain by day three (and let me tell you, my shoulders kill!) I would still rather be working even after the workday has ended.



-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment