Friday, March 3, 2017

Last but Not Least

For the very last blog, I asked everyone on the trip this question: What was one of your favorite parts of this trip? Here are our answers...

"This picture of Chris." -Steve



"I really liked just getting to know students who I had not met before." -Brian

"Destroying a shed. I also liked being nominated the best DJ-er in the car rides." -Jennafer

"Knocking the garage down." -Anna

"Getting that first bush out, honestly... that bush took a part of me." -Chris

"Finally using a nail gun for a Habitat build." -Alfred

"Making the stairway to heaven (front porch steps)." -Rachel



"Probably ripping those metal shingles off the shed with Catie!" -Keisha

"Tearing down the shed and meeting new poeple." -Syd

"Meeting cool new people. And tearing down the garage!" -Catie

"Taking pictures. And seeing the front door go in on the Habitat house." -Summer

"Getting to know Steve." -Michael

"I really enjoyed walking down State Street in Bristol, because it was cool to have lunch in Virginia and then coffee in Tennessee! I also loved working alongside the Habitat homeowner at the build site." -Rhonna

And personally, one of my favorite parts of this trip was the learning. I learned a lot about building a home and I learned about the good that Habitat for Humanity does. I even learned more about some of the people around me; but most of all, I learned that people really can change things with a good amount of work.



Thanks for following our trip and the blog! We'll be home soon to share more stories.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment